Tuesday, February 27, 2007



Adrian Peterson did well in the NFL combine finishing with a 4.38 40-yard dash and second place in the vertical jump just showing what Oklahoma fans didn’t fully get to enjoy. Yes, they remember the fabulous freshman season when the whole team was dominant but really since then Oklahoma missed out in my opinion. Probably the best player to walk Oklahoma’s campus did not achieve a BCS victory, Heisman trophy, or the coveted all time Oklahoma yardage leader. He could have been so much to the Sooners, but the injuries were always there. I think when he is healthy he is the most exciting player to watch in football period. However, I think that Adrian is not going to last in the NFL. I hope I am a wrong, I hope that suddenly he decides that he should start drinking milk and miraculously his body becomes invulnerable to injury, but these are wishes and hopes, not reality. Adrian’s first week at OU he messed up his shoulder or collar bone, and look what bothered him this year. You think the NFL will be easier on him? I think not. Good Luck AD, wish we could have seen you more at OU, good luck getting drafted onto one of the worst teams in the NFL, I hope they draft some good offensive lineman to help you out…

No comments: