Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Remind me to never be a coach that goes 14-2...



It was said that it couldn’t be done. The Chargers could never be a Super Bowl contender again. Especially after the end of the 90’s and the beginning of the millennium. Marty Schottenheimer did it. He turned the San Diego Chargers from the worst to the first. He finished the season with a better record than anyone else in the NFL. His team lost to the only modern day Dynasty, New England Patriots, who were seconds away from beating the Super Bowl Champion Colts. So what happens this week to reward Marty for his amazing accomplishment? He was fired. Fired because the general manager did not get along with Marty. What a bad move. Maybe Eli Manning made the right choice after all.

3 comments:

BaBbLiNg_BrOoKe said...

I am a big Monty fan and what happened to him was just wrong. I mean they got in the playoffs already. ALso, I loved the attention that you gave to Tiki Barber.. he has also always been a favorite. What do you think of the OCU announcement that they are going to have womens wrestling?

David Kaler said...

I think its very interesting that OCU chose to announce they are opening a womens wrestling team. I don't watch Men's wrestling and we are in a great wrestling state so I will not watch womens wrestling either. But it sounds like a good way to attract olympians.

Unknown said...

I am just as shocked as you are. What I don't unerstand is why he got punished for losing his Off. and Def. coordinators. In my opinion (and it doesn't go very far) losing his offense coordnator was the best thing for the bolts. I think he is the one reason why they lost to the Pats. When the mvp touches the ball 8 times in the 2nd half, something is wrong. Don't get me wrong, I love the pats, and know they had a lot to do with that shutdown. But it wasn't all Marty's fault...please.